You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Who is a better captain?

In this post, I want to know according to you who is India's best captain ever?
    Is it Sourav Ganguly who gave them the taste of victory aboard and home or Mahendra singh Dhoni whose successful reign brought World cup to India.
    If there is some other name in mind, do mention.
    In my opinion, Mahendra singh Dhoni is the best captain ever. He has led India in many matches and won it. He has brought India to no.1 position in tests, won the one day world cup and twenty twenty world cup, as a captain for chennai super kings too he has two IPL winner's trophy and one champions league trophy. Many former and present cricketers all over the world agree that he is the best captain India has ever had.
    In retrospect, Saourav Ganguly was a good captain too, he had his own strategy, he was the one who introduced aggression to Indian cricket and Indian cricket owes a lot to him. His never say die attitude and the shirt waving at lords can never be forgotten, but then again MS Dhoni's cool attitude and planning turns out to be too much for the opponent.

I think at present situations Mahender Singh Dhoni is the best captain over Sourav Ganguly as though Ganguly has got victory abroad, Dhoni has also got lead his team to victory on several outside teams. Dhoni is the first captain to rise to number one position when compared with all other captains in the world. Dhoni has also created his own career in also a best way. He is strong enough to bat a whole day also.
    • Dhoni was first named the captain of India Twenty20 squad for the newly introduced ICC World Twenty20 international, in South Africa in September 2007. He led India to the finals with Pakistan and brought a stunning victory over them. It was his first International Cup which was bought to India.
    • He then slowly became the captain of ODI and test team of India, then at Nagpur in November 2008 against Australia has brought Border Gavaskar Trophy.
    • He got a mutual cup with South Africa for tying the test series against them.
    • He became a remarkable captain by winning the great World Cup 2011 against Sri Lanka on 2nd April 2011, which is a desire of every Indian for the last 28 years. He bought the mighty world cup to our country.
    -With these great cups Dhoni also have got 15(ODI & tests ) Man of the Match and 4(ODI only) Man of the Series awards too.
    I think Ganguly would not have these much records in a short time. For these reasons, I give my vote to him

Hi guys,

No doubt its "Dada". Sourav Ganguly is the best captain India has ever seen. It was the captaincy of Ganguly that bought up our Indian team from the deep "Drench" it was in. The reason why "Dhoni" bought the "World cup" to India was because of the team "Dada" and others manage to put together in the past. The team now is strong but in the past, it was the captain who made the team then strong.

Regards,
    Linu

Kapil Dev is the ideal captain of team India. He gives the first world cup to India and identity as a strong team. Sure after him many others comes but I think no one is equal to great captain Kapil Dev.

Hello members,

Whatever the stats tells about the captaincy records of Sourav Ganguly and Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sourav will remain the best ever captain who has captained India.

Maybe he had not won World Cup for India, but he brought the feeling of winning into this Indian team. His agressiveness on the field as a captain changes the environment of the dressing room. Before Ganguly, Indian Team was always considered as a weak or average team. And when, Ganguly lost his captaincy, he handed over Dhoni a more confident team. I do not doubt Dhoni's capabilities as leader.

But Dada is the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.