My List of Top 5 Test Batsman from New Zealand
This article is about discussing the best 5 Test batsman from the New Zealand Cricket Team, which is mainly known for his fast bowling rather than batting. But batsman like Fleaming, Astle and Martin Crowe are world class batsman New Zealand has produced to the world.
New Zealand has produced some very good fast bowlers and New Zealand Cricket Team in Test Matches is not known for its batting. Bowling is always its strength from the time they starts playing in International Cricket. Apart from this there are some world class batsman played from New Zealand in Test Cricket. Here I have made a list of Top 5 Test Batsman from New Zealand side -
- Martin Crowe - Second Highest run maker from his country after Stephen Fleaming, Martin Crowe is undoubtly the No. 1 Test batsman from New Zealand. He was regarded as the finest batsman of his time. HE has scored most number of centuries(17) for New Zealand in Test Cricket.
- Stephen Fleaming - A tall left-hander, with elegance in his strokes, he is the most successful batsman from New Zealand in Test Cricket. Having scored most number of runs(7,172runs) for his country, he has also captained the New Zealand side in Test Matches and played some captains innings.
- Nathan Astle - Nathan Astle is another New Zealand batsman who has a very good record in Test Cricket. But critics says that he is much more than his record says.
- John Wright - He is mostly known for his coaching of the Indian Team, but in 80's he was also remembered as a very good batsman by the oppositions. His style of game always benefitted the Team.
- Glenn Turner - He should be up in this list of New Zealand Top Test batsman, but he has played less number of matches than the others, still he is worth of to be included in the Top 5.