About T20 Cricket
Compared to test and one day cricket, Twenty20 is the best format of cricket which has got more popular and liked by all people in the world. As Twenty20 is a limited over cricket, all are interested to see it as it takes less time to complete the game. The origin of Twenty20 cricket starts from England. The format of Twenty20 was started and applied by England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in the year 2003.
First International T20 cricket was played between Australia and NewZealand. Srilanka had taken 260 runs in a T20 match which is the highest team total in T20 cricket. Brendon McCullum had scored 158 runs in an innings which is the Highest Individual score in T20 cricket. Today there will be at least one T20 match played in any cricket tours or Tournament. Now a days T20 cricket is more popular in all places. Rules of T20 cricket is different from test and One day cricket matches. Check out the rules given below.
Rules in T20 cricket
T20 cricket is a limited over cricket format and the rules of T20 cricket is different from Test and ODI cricket.
1) One bowler is allowed to bowl 4 overs per innings.
2)If a bowler bowls a no ball, Free hit is allowed for the batsman in the next ball along with one run.
3) In first six overs of T20 cricket, two fielders are allowed in 30 yard circle.
4) Five fielders are allowed in leg side of the ground.
5) After completing 6 overs, five fielders are allowed outside the fielding circle.
6) 75 minutes are the maximum time allowed for the bowling side to complete.
7) After 75 minutes 6 free runs are given to the batting side for each pending overs.
8) According to the latest rules if the match is a tie, There willl be a super over in which one bowler and three bats man are allowed.
T20 International teams and Debut date
New Zealand: 17/2/2005
England: 13/6 /2005
South Africa: 21/10/2005
West Indies: 16/2/2006
Sri Lanka: 15 /6/2006
Records in T20 cricket
There are different records in T20 cricket set by Bowling side and Batting side.
1) Most centuries in T20 cricket: Brendon McCullum with 3 hundreds.
2) Highest individual run scorer in T20 cricket: Brendon McCullum with 158 runs
3) Best bowling statistics in T20 cricket: Umar Gul - 6/5 in 22 balls
4) Fastest hundred in T20 cricket: Andrew Symonds in 34 balls
5) Highest score in 1 over of T20 cricket: 37 runs hit by Chris gayle
6) Longest six in T20 cricket: Adam Gilchrist - 124 meters
7) Most sixes in an one innings: Graham Napier with 16 sixes
8) Fastest fifty in T20 cricket: Yuvraj Singh in 12 balls